Valentino Rossi autobiography
This 288 page book goes into details of life of Valentino Rossi, one of the best MotoGP racers ever. Autobiography provides inside details of both on-track and off-track life of living motorcycle legend, allowing reader to get better understanding of life and achievement of Valentino Rossi.
Buy - More details
2010-08-17 Yamaha completes successful Brno test
Be first to comment this story
Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi completed a one-day test at Brno, alongside the rest of the MotoGP grid, to set themselves up for the final eight races of the season. The test was cut short when it began to rain in the mid afternoon but not before both Fiat Yamaha men had the chance to do some important work on their M1s.
Lorenzo picked up from where he left off on Sunday, the race winner once again topping the time sheets nearly half a second ahead of Casey Stoner. The championship leader tried a new engine upgrade and a new suspension setting for his M1 and also completed some laps on Yamaha's 2011 prototype YZR-M1.
After struggling in yesterday's race Rossi and his crew were keen to understand what had happened so they worked closely on their setting to do just that, with the Italian completing more laps than nearly anyone else. Rossi also had the chance to try the new 2010 engine upgrade and finished the day fourth fastest.
The team now has a weekend off before flying to Indianapolis next week for the next round of the MotoGP World Championship.
Jorge Lorenzo - 1st:
This was an important and interesting test for us, both for the rest of the season and looking towards next year. We had a lot to do but unfortunately the rain forced us to stop early. As well as the ‘new' prototype machine for next year we also tried an engine upgrade and a new Ohlins suspension, but it's too early to know if they will be better for our M1, which is already very competitive. We got quite a lot of information though so hopefully it will help the engineers to improve things even more.
Valentino Rossi - 4th:
I'm happier today because we worked hard to understand what happened during yesterday's race and at the end we have a clearer picture. We worked a lot on the setting and we found out some things, which we hope will be useful over the rest of the season and help us to have some more good races. I tried a new engine for the 2010 bike and it's not so different but there are some small things about it which I think can help; I hope we can use it soon.
Brno Test Times:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Fiat Yamaha Team 1'56.269
2. Casey Stoner (AUS) Ducati Marlboro Team 1'56.844
3. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team 1'56.944
4. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha Team 1'57.129
5. Colin Edwards (USA) Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1'57.512
6. Ben Spies (USA) Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1'57.575
7. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Repsol Honda Team 1'57.691
8. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1'57.700
9. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati Marlboro Team 1'57.991
10. Hector Barbera (SPA) Aspar Team 1'58.017
11. Marco Melandri (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresini 1'58.070
12. Marco Simoncelli (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresini 1'58.091
13. Aleix Espargaro (SPA) Pramac Green Team 1'58.612
14. Hiroshi Aoyama (JPN) Interwetten-Honda MotoGP 1'58.830
15. Mika Kallio (FIN) Pramac Green Team 1'58.926
16. Alvaro Bautista (SPA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1'59.454
Back to MotoGP news home